Furosemid
    Planetside 2
    Kerberos
    TS3
    Cerberus/Furosemid
    Main game
    N/A
    Merit points

A Ryzen 5 2600E (45W TDP, 6 core) looks very interesting for your build, but I can't find them for sale. Looks like they are only OEM equipment?
    Last edited by Cerberus; 17-06-2019 at 17:51.

Title
    =FU= PS2 Officer [Trial]
    Main game
    N/A

Small update, I found the H500M case. Per the Youtube, the fans on this thing move the entire case's volume in air every second!
    Costs 210USD.

As we say here in Germany: "I'm gonna add my mustard to it"
    It's gonna be more of a generic advice for now.
    Not sure what the prices are in your region, but generally for $2k you could build some massive thing over here.

As already mentioned on TS, I would wait for the new Ryzen (3000 models) to get fully released, they look very promising.
    Not sure how well the game scales beyond 4 cores by now, but even if not that well, it should still help out smoothing the framerate.
    For a new build I wouldn't go with a quad in 2019.
    But yeah wait for the new Ryzen to come out, even if you don't go for one of them, there was already some talk that Intel might reduce prices on their chips.

About GPU, I'm running with a 1060 6GB and rarely get GPU limited and if, it's usually in rather empty places. (But it got an somewhat older 4 core/4 thread i5-3570K, so that is mostly my bottleneck)
    Guess a 1050 Ti should work well for Planetside on "competitive" settings.

As you mentioned power consumption can be an issue, nVidia would be the better option for you (although the AMD cards generelly give you more for the money)
    Gonna attach some chart with some "estimated" values in terms of power draw and performace. Just an estimate, but every one of these should be able to play PS2 well. So basically pick the fastest one fitting your budget.

power.png
    Last edited by lordmogul; 3 Weeks Ago at 08:32. Reason: Missed graphics chart
    The No-Helmet Helmet is now available in the Depot. Or, the helmet is now not available in the Depot.

The Emperor protects my soul, flak protects the rest. Whereas my armor shall fail me, my Emperor shall not.

Feel free to ping me if you want some Overwatch or Titanfall 2

Title
    =FU= PS2 Officer [Trial]
    Main game
    N/A

Thank you very much Gliese.
    TBF I would love to get a Ryzen cpu, they do not import them here unfortunately.

Ask yourself if Intel's insecurity (Spectre, Meltdown, Zombieload, L1TF, Spoiler, TLBleed) is worth not importing yourself. Especially of you want to keel the system for a while.
    The No-Helmet Helmet is now available in the Depot. Or, the helmet is now not available in the Depot.

The Emperor protects my soul, flak protects the rest. Whereas my armor shall fail me, my Emperor shall not.

Feel free to ping me if you want some Overwatch or Titanfall 2

AMD!!! that's all you need to know and don't do anything until the 7th July. Major bomb's are about to be dropped on the industry by the end of this week. RYZEN/Zen3 not only ran over intel it reversed up and finished the job.

The key question is how much cash have can you spend if that's an issue drop the H500(M) for the H500 saving 35%.

I still build the odd machine for a bit of fun and special projects... 2x RYZEN 3700x's this month, a 2700x last month and a slim line APU based mini system designed to run Lockheed Martin's Prepar3D flisht sim for a A320 Pilot.