Likes Likes:  0

Thread: PS2 API and stats about new players

Lightbulb PS2 API and stats about new players

As discussed in yesterday's community meeting, I talked to my friend who is using the PS2 API for my other outfit Discord bot.
    He said that each player object retrieved from the API has a creation date. You could thus run a regular query showing players that have a creation date greater than or equal whatever days and thus figure out how many new players there has been in a given week or month.

Speaking of Discord, I was wondering why you guys are not using it. TS is a paid service where Discord is free.
    Discord does not require running a client and works across all platforms (Windows, Linux, OSX, Android, iOS, Windows Phone).
    You can use bots to enhance the capabilities of your server (such as retrieving the list of who is online in a given game, having music channels, retrieving score boards, etc...)
    You also have text channels that are much more friendly that a forum (where you can use giphy and other fun and practical social enhancements).

We've made the move last year with my other outfit and haven't been looking back ever since.

Title
    =FU= Admin
    Origin
    Kahmy
    BF3
    Kahmy
    BF4
    Kahmy
    Arma 3/Mods
    Kahmy
    World Of Tanks
    Kahmy
    Planetside 2
    Kahmy
    TS3
    Kahmy
    Twitch
    FU_Kahmy
    =FU= Kahmy
    Main game
    ARMA2 PR/MODS
    Merit points

Blog Entries
    Our teamspeak is free. Doesn't cost us a penny. And I think someone set up the discord too..
    War doesnt decide whos right, just whos left....

We've discussed Discord and its features at length and have decided we would be missing a number of things if we dumped TS and the forum.
    Someone set up Discord for FU, so if you want use it, please go ahead. Just keep in mind that it is not an official communications channel for the PS2 outfit or the community.